Free Run Group Hikes- Start at $ 42/ hike. Hikes go out Monday through Friday. Maximum 6 - 8 dogs/ free run hike.
Monthly packages starting at $ 490/month for 3 days a week hikes. Monthly package rates are adjusted for holiday closures and annual time off.
Group hikes are approximately 60-75 minutes in duration and about 1.5-2.5 miles in distance. Your dog will be out of the house between 2-4 hours total depending on location of hikes site and place in the pick-up route.
There are 2 group hikes per day Monday- Friday. Pick-ups for the early hike are between 9 AM-12 PM and pick-ups for the later hike are 12-3 PM. The early hike hits the trail at about 11 AM and the later hike hits the trail at about 2 PM. Timings vary depending on weather and other factors.
Hike locations are: East Bay Regional Parks (Tilden and Sibley), Albany Bulb, Caldecott Playing Field Trails.
Minimum 3 days a week required. Clients who wish to do 2 days a week are considered on a case by case basis.
To qualify for the off leash group hike at the $ 42/ hike price point your dog must:
1. Be under voice control. This means that when you give a recall command your dog responds affirmatively 80-100% of the time on the first call, even with distractions. When you give a cease and desist command your dog responds affirmatively 80-100% of the time on the first call even with distractions.
2. Be fully up to date on all shots and vaccinations.
3. Have no known leash reactivity, aggression or guarding issues (space food or toys).
4. Be calm and relaxed in a small space with other dogs for riding in a vehicle.
5. Get along with other dogs.
6. Be friendly or indifferent to ALL people. No exceptions. This means no “stranger- danger” barking.
7. Have no history of biting other dogs or people.
8. It is preferred that your dog is spayed or neutered.
9. Has low prey drive, or very good impulse control.
10. Be well socialized and familiar with and relaxed in the human world. Not reactive to strange things.
11. Has good leash manners (no pulling, lunging and barking at other people or dogs on leash)
If your dog has some, but not all of these skills, pups who need some extra work can join the off-leash group hikes at the "Management Plus" rate. This is a slightly higher price-point to adjust for the extra time and attention your dog will need.